All interested individuals must meet the following requirements to be enrolled in the Recovery Education Program:
- Complete a Recovery Center Student Application, including a Medical & Psychiatric Information Form, and email (strongly preferred) or fax it to Stephanie Ewing at (617) 353-7700. After she has received your application, she will contact you to arrange a brief interview and a tour of our center.
- Be willing to use an educational environment to foster their recovery
- Be willing to consider participation in program evaluation research
- Courses are offered on a trimester schedule: September – December (Fall), January – April (Spring), May – August (Summer)
- View a Sample Course Catalog to gain a sense of our typical class offerings
- Trimesters may vary in schedule times and classes available
- For information on the upcoming trimester, or for any additional information or questions, please contact Stephanie Ewing at (857) 337-5303 or email@example.com
Fall 2021 Semester
We have been waiting for this moment to say we will be returning to in-person programming at the Center! Our Fall semester will be a combination of in-person and virtual classes. We will be returning to class limits* for both in-person classes and virtual classes.
We are asking all students to be vaccinated to participate in any in-person programming starting in September.
In-Person Classes: Choose your TOP 3 CLASSES. These classes will take place at the Center. All Students who wish to participate in in-person programming at the center must be vaccinated and upload their vaccine card.
Virtual Classes: Choose your TOP 3 CLASSES. These classes will take place virtually on Zoom.
Drop-In Virtual Activities: These activities are offered through zoom. You can drop into these activities at any point during the semester, but registration is STRONGLY suggested.
Recovery Education Fall Important Dates:
Fall Registration: August 4 – 18
First Week of Classes: September 13 – 17
Thanksgiving Break: November 22 -26
Last Week of Classes: December 13 – 17
Center Closed: Memorial Day: Labor Day September 6; Indigenous Peoples Day October 11; Veterans Day November 11; Thanksgiving November 25 – 26
Course Registration Process
- All students must complete a Course Registration Form EVERY trimester.
- Students interested in taking an exercise course must provide written authorization from their physician to participate.
- Once the form is completed, please submit to Stephanie Ewing by fax at (617) 353-7700, email (strongly preferred) or drop it off at the center (when re-opened).
- You will receive a Course Confirmation Letter by e-mail about a week before the trimester starts.
Any questions? Please contact Stephanie Ewing at (857) 337-5303 or firstname.lastname@example.org
* Please keep in mind that you must be enrolled in the Recovery Education Program first before you can register for courses. See Program Enrollment for more details.*
Frequently Asked Questions
Interested individuals must be willing to use an educational environment to foster their recovery, must apply to the program, provide documentation of a psychiatric condition, receive physician approval to participate in any of our Physical Fitness Classes, and be willing to consider participation in program evaluation research.
You will need to complete a Student Application Packet which includes a Medical & Psychiatric Information Form, mail the packet to Stephanie Ewing or fax it to Stephanie Ewing at (617) 358-7700. After Stephanie has received your forms, she will contact you before the start of Course Registration to arrange a short interview and tour of the Center. The packet is available on this webpage.
The courses offered at the Center are free to all of our recovery education students.
You must be enrolled in the Recovery Education Program to register for courses. After you’ve enrolled, you will need to complete a course registration form available on the last page of this catalog. This form is also available on this webpage. Please send the course registration form to Stephanie Ewing via fax at (617) 358-7700 or via email (preferred) at email@example.com. We strongly encourage our students, current and new, to come to the Center to register in person, staff members are available to assist you in the process. Everything you’ll need to register for classes will be here.
There is no limit to how many virtual classes or activities you can take this semester.
Due to space limitations, there is no capacity for students to add a course to their schedule once the trimester starts. However, you may drop a course during the first 3 weeks of the trimester.
Yes, you will need to provide written medical permission to participate in our Supported Physical Activity classes which take place at the FITREC Center at BU.