All interested individuals must meet the following requirements to be enrolled in the Recovery Education Program:
- Complete a Recovery Center Student Application which includes a Medical & Psychiatric Information Form, and email (strongly preferred) or fax it to Stephanie Ewing at (617) 353-7700. After she has received your application, she will contact you to arrange a brief interview and a tour of our center.
- Be willing to use an educational environment to foster their recovery
- Be willing to consider participation in program evaluation research
- Courses are offered on a trimester schedule: September – December (Fall), January – April (Spring), May – August (Summer)
- View a Sample Course Catalog to gain a sense of our typical class offerings
- Trimesters may vary in schedule times and classes available
- For information on the upcoming trimester, or for any additional information or questions, please contact Stephanie Ewing at (857) 337-5303 or email@example.com
Virtual Summer 2020 Activities
We will be offering a plethora of virtual activities this summer!! All activities are drop-in, no registration or class limits. These virtual activities are an opportunity for us to stay engaged with our community and to continue working on our wellness and recovery goals, while we are physically away from 940 Comm Ave. We encourage all students to establish a weekly schedule. See the schedule of activities and brief descriptions.
Recovery Education Summer Important Dates:
First Week of Activities: May 18-22, 2020
Summer Break: June 29-July 3, 2020
Last Week of Activities: August 3-7, 2020
Course Registration Process
- All students must complete a Course Registration Form EVERY trimester.
- Students may take up to 3 classes per semester.
- Students interested in taking an exercise course must provide written authorization from their physician to participate.
- Once the form is completed, please submit to Stephanie Ewing by fax at (617) 353-7700, email (strongly preferred) or drop it off at the center (when re-opened).
- You will receive a Course Confirmation Letter by mail about a week before the trimester starts.
Any questions? Please contact Stephanie Ewing at (857) 337-5303 or firstname.lastname@example.org
* Please keep in mind that you must be enrolled in the Recovery Education Program first before you can register for courses (with the exception of the Virtual Summer 2020 Activities). See Program Enrollment for more details.*
Frequently Asked Questions
Interested individuals must be willing to use an educational environment to foster their recovery, must apply to the program, provide documentation of a psychiatric condition, receive physician approval to participate in any of our Physical Fitness Classes, and be willing to consider participation in program evaluation research.
You will need to complete a Student Application Packet which includes a Medical & Psychiatric Information Form, mail the packet to Stephanie Ewing or fax it to Stephanie Ewing at (617) 358-7700. After Stephanie has received your forms, she will contact you before the start of Course Registration to arrange a short interview and tour of the Center. The packet is available on this webpage.
The courses offered at the Center are free to all of our recovery education students.
You must be enrolled in the Recovery Education Program to register for courses. After you’ve enrolled, you will need to complete a course registration form available on the last page of this catalog. This form is also available on this webpage. Please send the course registration form to Stephanie Ewing via fax at (617) 358-7700 or via email (preferred) at email@example.com. We strongly encourage our students, current and new, to come to the Center to register in person, staff members are available to assist you in the process. Everything you’ll need to register for classes will be here.
The Center offers students a maximum of 3 courses and registration is required for ALL of the courses offered. Please note that although every attempt will be made to place you in your first-choice-course, there is no guarantee.
Due to space limitations, there is no capacity for students to add a course to their schedule once the trimester starts. However, you may drop a course during the first 3 weeks of the trimester.
Yes, you will need to provide written medical permission to participate in our Supported Physical Activity classes which take place at the FITREC Center at BU.