Let’s Talk Employment
A Guide for Family Members of Individuals in Mental Health Recovery
Download a PDF version of this guide
Table of Contents
Who Are We?
1. To Work or Not to Work?
2. What Families Can Do to Help Job Seekers Overcome Vocational Barriers
3. Vocational Decisions & Vocational Resources
4. Disclosure Planning
5. Steps Towards Employment: Example of a Vocational Plan
6. Myths and Facts – What Happens When My Family Member Goes to Work?
7. Job Keeping: Skills & Supports
8. Job Protections
9. Cultural Issues and Special Populations in Employment
10. Peer Support for Your Family Member
11. Partnering with Providers
12. What about Career Development?
13. Alternatives to Traditional “Job Placement”
14. Recovery for the Whole Family
15. Vocational Recovery Stories