Recovery Education Program
*Please submit Summer 2017 New Student Applications & Course Registration Form’s by April 14, 2017*
* Summer Registration: April 11-21, 2017*
*Any questions please, contact Stephanie at (617)353-1124*
RECOVERY EDUCATION PROGRAM
The Recovery Education Program at the Center for Psychiatric Rehabilitation is an adult education program that offers students the opportunity to choose a range of wellness courses that support their rehabilitation and recovery efforts. The program is designed to strengthen and broaden the student’s knowledge of the physical, intellectual, emotional and spiritual practices that will enhance their readiness for personal change and role recovery.
PROGRAM ENROLLMENT REQUIREMENTS
All interested individuals must meet the following requirements to be enrolled in the Recovery Education Program:
- Complete a Recovery Services Student Application which includes a Medical & Psychiatric Information Form, and fax it to Stephanie Cummings at (617) 353-7700. After she has received your application, she will contact you to arrange a brief interview and a tour of our center.
- Be willing to use an educational environment to foster their recovery
- Be willing to consider participation in program evaluation research
Please keep in mind that enrollment is limited, but our dedicated staff at the Center will do everything in their ability to accept all interested individuals.
- Courses are offered on a trimester schedule: September – December (Fall), January – April (Spring), May – August (Summer)
- The following are examples of courses that have been offered in the past and may be offered again in the future: Career Development, Painting as a Wellness Tool, Wu Style Tai Chi, Basic Computer Skills Training, Supported Physical Activity, etc.
- Courses change each trimester..
- For more information, please contact Stephanie Cummings at (617) 353-3549 or firstname.lastname@example.org
COURSE REGISTRATION PROCESS
- All students must complete a Course Registration Form; EVERY trimester.
- Students may take up to 3 classes per semester.
- Students interested in taking an exercise course must provide written authorization from their physician to participate.
- Once form is completed, please submit to Stephanie Cummings by fax, email or drop it off at the center.
- You will receive a Course Confirmation Letter by mail about a week before the trimester starts.
* Please keep in mind that you must be enrolled in the Recovery Education Program first before you can register for courses. See Program Enrollment Requirements for more details.*
- The courses offered at the Center are free to all of our students.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: What are the requirements to participate in the Recovery Education Program? A: Interested individuals must apply to the program, provide documentation of a psychiatric disability, be willing to use an educational environment to foster their recovery, submit medical records, receive physician approval to participate in any of our Physical Fitness Classes, be willing to consider participation in program evaluation research.
A: You will need to complete a Student Application Packet which includes a Medical & Psychiatric Information Form, mail the packet to Stephanie Cummings or fax it to Stephanie Cummings at (617) 358-7700 After she has received your forms, she will contact you before the start of Course Registration to arrange a short interview and tour of the Center. The packet is available on our webpage at cpr.bu.edu.Q: How much does the Recovery Education Program cost?
A: The courses offered at the Center are free to all of our students.
Q: How do I register for courses?
A: You must be enrolled in the Recovery Education Program to register for courses. After you’ve enrolled, you will need to complete a course registration form available on page 14 of this catalog. This form is also available on our webpage at cpr.bu.edu. Please send the course registration form to Stephanie Cummings via fax at (617) 358-7700 or via email at email@example.com. We strongly encourage our students, current and new, to come to the Center to register in person, staff members are available to assist you in the process. Everything you’ll need to register for classes will be here.
Q: Do I need written medical permission to participate in any of the courses?
A: Yes. You will need to provide written medical permission for the following course: Supported Physical Activity
Stephanie Cummings Administrative Manager Boston University Center for Psychiatric Rehabilitation Recovery Services Division 940 Commonwealth Avenue West Boston, MA 02215 T: 617-353-3549 F: 617-353-7700 firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you interested in volunteering or doing an internship with the Recovery Education Program, please fill out an application and return to Kathleen Furlong-Norman at email@example.com or fax to 617-353-7700
The Services Division at the Center for Psychiatric Rehabilitation is an inspiring educational environment where persons who have had behavioral health experiences find hope, become empowered by actualizing their dreams through setting goals to live, learn, work and live well in their chosen communities. Participants are “ students” who work with faculty and “ Coaches” who help them achieve their goals successfully and with satisfaction. Students gain knowledge, skills and supports to live their lives fully. The Center does not provide medical treatment: We do not prescribe or deliver medications or therapy.
Direct Skills Teaching
Evidence Based Practice
Facts About Recovery
Medicaid Buy In
My Recovery Journey
Personal Assistance Services
Personal Recovery Stories
Programming Skill Use
Recovery Oriented Services
Recovery Oriented Systems
Spinal Cord Injuries
Stigma, Prejudice, Discrimination
Value Based Practice