Thinking About Work
What if I decide that I do not need to work now?
You may decide that a vocational change is not for you right now. The decision to work is generally up to you, but you may also need or want to consider the opinions and needs of others who are important to you. If you decide to not change your work situation, then you are probably happy with your current workplace and activities. You may decide that this is not the time to shake the boat. But, you may be considering other life goals. For example, you could decide to go to school or training. You could decide to focus on getting a nice place to live or taking care of your health and wellness. You may decide that you are happy with your current situation, yet you still want to consider work.
There are ways to build your Need, by:
- Finding out more about work in general,
- Experiencing different kinds of jobs in order to discover your own likes, dislikes, and strengths
- Discovering your own passions
- Talking to people about why they work
- Gathering supporters who like the idea of your working
- Reconsidering your need for work after doing some of these things