What resources are out there for self-employment?
The following are examples of resources that exist for people who are looking to become self-employed.
- Virginia Commonwealth University has multiple webcasts available online http://www.worksupport.com/training/archivedWebcasts.cfm
- Entrepreneurial Job Development – Denise Bissonnette (video) Expanding ideas beyond traditional kinds of job. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Le8B2FikzU
- A website for persons with disabilities at Virginia Commonwealth University http://www.worksupport.com/resources/listContent.cfm/19
- Microenterprises for those with low income http://www.dol.gov/odep/pubs/misc/entrepre.htm
- If your are a client of the state vocational rehabilitation agency, they will sometimes provide some resources and help you to connect with other resources.
- Disability.gov’s Guide to Self-Employment and Starting a Small Business https://www.disability.gov/resource/disability-govs-guide-self-employment-starting-small-business/