Thinking About Work


Expedited SSDI Reinstatement

If a worker’s SSDI case closes because of work income and later s/he stops working within a 5 year period, the person can go to Social Security and request the case be reopened.
In this case, the person will get the SSDI cash benefit back provisionally for up to six months, while Social Security does a medical review. If the person’s medical team confirms that the person is disabled, the SSDI benefits will then continue.

Return to List of Topics


How can I help my family member…