Keeping a Job


Who is responsible for helping my family member keep the job?

The Employment Specialist should be a key person in helping to ensure both soft and hard skills are developing and the employee is secure in the job.
However, in some cases the professional services have ended or reduced and the employee needs others to help. This might be family, co-workers, peers or friends providing this support. Peer mentors or Peer specialists can be excellent supporters for the ongoing skills education or support for job keeping.
At times the employee may be having problems that interfere with job duties and the employer may suggest the Employee Assistance Program if there is one.
In some situations, such as through the state vocational rehabilitation program or the Ticket to Work, a Job Coach may be hired specifically to work one-on-one with an employee. This is not an unlimited service and the Job Coach reduces time gradually.

Return to List of Questions


How can I help my family member…