Keeping a Job


What if an employer won’t provide the accommodations my family member requests?

There are two agencies which are readily available to all citizens at no cost that have great expertise in the ADA and all of its aspects.
The first is the Job Accommodation Network. This is a national organization that provides training and technical assistance to job seekers and their families, employees, employers and others involved in the vocational efforts. JAN operates a comprehensive website and has a toll free phone number.
The other resource are the ADA Centers throughout the country which have a regional base. The ADA Technical Assistance Centers (sometimes known as DBTAC‘s) employ legal experts who can answer questions like this on the ADA. A person might call an ADA Center if there is a concern about discrimination, failure to provide accommodations, worry about being fired or advice on how to deal with potential conflicts. These centers are set up on a regional basis.

Return to List of Questions


How can I help my family member…