Keeping a Job


How can I help my family member maximize income once s/he is working?

You can remind your family member to use the appropriate work incentives built into Social Security, Housing, and other benefits. These included incentives such as the Program to Achieve Self Support (PASS); Impairment Related Work Expenses (IRWE); Period of Extended Evaluation – if applicable; Formula for housing authority calculations if applicable. Your family member might also benefit from periodic reviews with a Benefits Specialist.

S/he might also need assistance with taxes and how to reduce tax burden and this is available for free for persons with disabilities.

Your family member may benefit from this video on managing and saving money.


Return to List of Questions


How can I help my family member…