Achieving Employment Goals


What can I do if my family member does not give permission for me to have two way communication with a provider?

If you do not have permission to talk with the employment providers or be part of meetings, you can continue to provide the emotional or practical support if your family members wishes.
Should there be something really important for the treatment or rehabilitation provider to know, you can leave them a (one-way) message with that information without a violation of confidentiality.
Some programs have special events that family members may attend and these are a good chance to interact with staff and also lend support to your family member’s efforts. The important thing is to keep all interactions positive and focus on strengths.

Return to List of Questions


How can I help my family member…