The Opening Doors Research Study
Who Can Participate in the Study?
You are eligible to participate in the study if you have been diagnosed with a psychiatric condition and would like to pursue a career in the future but:
- Are NOT working full-time or receiving vocational services
- Are able and willing to use computers
What Does the Study Involve?
- You will be asked to enroll in the study for 12 months
- You have a 50/50 chance of participating in the 12-week Opening Doors class that includes individual meetings with a career counselor
- You will be asked to complete questionnaires at the beginning of the study and a few times after that
What are the Benefits of Participating in this research study?
If you are randomly selected to participate in the Opening Doors counseling class, you will have the opportunity to explore and develop a plan to find work that is in line with your values, interests and goals.
Compensation and other information about the study
- You will receive $25 for completing questionnaires each time with the opportunity to earn up to $185 over the course of a year
- Your participation in the study is completely voluntary
- You will be required to attend a 2-hour information session
How to Participate
If you are interested in participating in the Opening Doors Research Study, please contact Dr. Uma Millner at 617-353-3549 or firstname.lastname@example.org.