College Coaching is a individualized, one-on-one College Mental Health Program for students currently enrolled in college or interested in returning to college in the future. Coaching is built into the NITEO program, and it is offered as a stand-alone program for NITEO alumni and non-NITEO students.
Students meet with a College Coach on a semester basis. Coaching meetings run approximately one hour weekly, and communication is regular and highly encouraged between meetings. Students receive highly intensive support around identifying their strengths and areas of need, learning and practicing critical skills to promote academic, social, emotional, and physical well-being.
- Mobile: meetings held on site, in the community, and virtually
- Flexible: support available between meetings via text, phone, and e-mail
- Comprehensive: support for academic, wellness, social, and work-related goals
With his/her/their coach, a student might:
- Explore and develop wellness, health, academic, and social goals
- Practice self-advocacy and self-disclosure
- Connect with campus and area supports
- Complete the college re-entry or transfer process
- Prepare for tests and practice test-taking strategies
- Develop and implement time management and organizational strategies
- Make social connections and navigate social relationships
- Identify and access providers and rehabilitation-oriented care
The fee for one semester of College Coaching (~14 weeks) is $1800. For NITEO alumni, the fee is $1500. We do not work with insurance companies. Financial assistance, through the Center for Psychiatric Rehabilitation, may be available to students and families based on need.
The Services Division at the Center for Psychiatric Rehabilitation is an inspiring educational environment where persons who have had behavioral health experiences find hope, become empowered by actualizing their dreams through setting goals to live, learn, work and live well in their chosen communities. Participants are “students” who work with faculty and “Coaches” who help them achieve their goals successfully and with satisfaction. Students gain knowledge, skills and supports to live their lives fully. The Center does not provide medical treatment: We do not prescribe or deliver medications or therapy.