Transportation and Lodging
If you need additional help contact Joan Rapp at firstname.lastname@example.org or (617) 353-3549.
From West: Take the Mass Pike (I-90) east to Exit 18 (Allston/Cambridge) exit left and follow the signs to Cambridge. Turn right at the first set of lights; take Soldiers’ Field Road/Storrow Drive, and exit at Kenmore (see Kenmore Square details below).
From South/North Take 1-93/Route 3 (Southeast Expressway) to Boston. Exit onto Storrow Drive (Exit 26) and continue to the Kenmore Square Exit (see Kenmore Square details below).
From North Shore: Take Route 1-A through the Sumner Tunnel. Follow signs on to the Expressway North and take Back Bay/Storrow Drive Exit, and follow Storrow Drive to the Kenmore Exit (see Kenmore Square details below).
Kenmore Square details
Take your first right onto Beacon Street and continue. Keep left at the first fork; most of the traffic will continue this way, remaining on Beacon Street. Bear right at the next fork to Commonwealth Ave.
Discount parking is available on your registration form.
To Park at 665 Commonwealth Ave, turn right at the lot by the little red food trolley and walk 2-3 blocks further to the George Sherman Union.
To park at 808 Commonwealth Ave (overnight) the lot is a few blocks further, just past the BU Bridge on the opposite side.
Take the MBTA Green B Line that goes to Boston College. Get off at the BU Central stop and cross the street toward Marsh Chaple. You are on the wrong side of the road if you are walk by a CVS/Pharmacy or University Barber Shop. Walk away from downtown Boston toward the BU Bridge. The George Sherman Union is only 2 or 3 minutes by foot and very close to the BU bridge.
Because the workshop dates are just before a national holiday and there is a hug convention in Boston this week, many rooms are booked and room rates are at a premium. We strongly recommend that you book your rooms immediately and definitely not later than October 1st as the rates will go up.
1. DoubleTree Suites, 400 Soldiers Field Rd., Boston The BU rate of $169 plus tax. Per room is good until Oct. 1. This hotel offers suites which provide a sleeping room and living room with microwave & refrigerator. There is a shuttle from the hotel to and from the workshops (about ten minutes). The location is also about 10 minute ride to Harvard Square. Shuttles go to Central Sq. Cambridge on request and there are trains from there. Make sure you say you are with the BU Psych Rehab workshops. Not near other restaurants but dining on site. Recommend cab from airport or contact this number at hotel to get private shuttle service: 617-562-4104.
2. Hotel Commonwealth, 500 Commonwealth Ave., Boston is walking distance from the workshops and a luxury hotel. The BU rate of $219.00 plus tax is valid until October 1, 2011 and room availability is limited. Be sure to let reservations know you are with the BU group. The hotel is located in Kenmore Sq. not far from Fenway Park and near many restaurants as well as across the street from the subway stop. Can take cab or public transportation from airport.
3. Courtyard Marriott, 700 Memorial Drive, Cambridge is just over the bridge from the Sherman Union – a 15 minute walk or a 3 minute cab ride. The BU rate is $159. Plus tax. Valid until October 1, 2011.
4. You can also go to www.Priceline.com, choose a hotel that has what you want and offer a bid. You can usually get a significantly lower rate.
5. Beacon Inn, 1087 Beacon St., Brookline $129. -149. is an attractive 19 century renovated inn within a 10-15 minute walk to the workshops or you can take the trolley. Not handicap accessible. Can take cab or public transportation from airport.
If you need other options contact Joan Rapp at email@example.com or 617-353-3549.